Monday, July 16, 2007

A new place for me to babble!

I really like food. Cooking it and eating it are fun, and so is talking about it- at least to me! I've got specific friends I know I can count on to be as adventurous as I can be, when it comes to food..And those NOT to bother asking "Hey!! Wanna go out for something funky tonite?"

My husband's desire to try new foods is pretty limited. Yes, he's a PICKY EATER. Something that truly gets under my skin, and grinding my teeth many a time.

I'll admit i'm a bit quirky with my food "phases" I will go thru, like craving things with maple syrup/flavor, or my obsession with finding the PERFECT fish and chips. (let's not get me started on getting delicious Mole!) I can be a bit of a snob with my food, with things like tea, and cinnamon. Spoiled, I guess so! I know what I like, and really dislike to compromise, when I have the ability to have things the way I like them. But, I'm also open to learning new, exciting things about food..About things I thought I'd -never- eat.

A good friend of mine, Nilda is a wonderful, talented pasty chef and co-conspirator of mine, when it comes to food. We really enjoy getting good food together, if it's something as ghetto as a Tommy Burger in LA, or hitting something high-end like B&B Ristorante here in Las Vegas. Cost is irrelevant, but good food is good food. Nilda's cousin is also a baker, and imparted to her (and therefore me as well now) one of the wisest words of food-wisdom that have served me well:

"If it's prepared good, and the ingredients are good..You will eat it, and you will LOVE IT. No matter what you may think you like"

Sounds simple enough, right?

This blog will serve as my venting outlet for talking about food. I post fairly regularly on chowhound.com and have a good time there. I try to not "hoard" my food-finds, I want everyone to know where to get awesome food, and be happy. From push-cart tacos eaten at midnight on the way home from work, to a delish 4-course tasting meal..To a small, family-owned business to a big chain, or touristy place...I like to chat about my experiences.

I travel to and from LA/Las Vegas pretty much every other month. My family's in LA, so it's great to be able to visit, AND get some wonderful food that only LA can do great. (again with the Tommy's!!^__^) I've been to Japan twice, with a 3rd trip probably to be had within the next 12 months.

I hope people who happen to read this enjoy my commentary. Even respond back, if you wish! I don't bite, honest. I just respectfully ask that if you have a differeing view than mine, don't get violently nasty. Debate is fantastic, but bashing just pisses me off.

In 8 days, we're off to San Diego, to attend Comic-Con. I adore SD, I wish I could live there. Looking forwards to getting great seafood at Anthony's Fish Grotto and my beloved mole at Guadalahara in Old Town.

I'll be in contact before I leave, that's for sure~!

Welcome everyone!

No comments: